- Zero Tolerance Policies Bleed Education
- Columbus Dispatch op-ed columnist Jack D'Aurora spoke with OPLC's Sarah Biehl about the school to prison pipeline and came away with an idea for this op-ed column. This piece does a great job of highlighting why zero tolerance policies and the overuse of suspension and expulsion in schools harms kids and communities.
- Ohio Still Needs Payday Reform
- Jack D'Aurora, op-ed columnist for the Columbus Dispatch and friend of OPLC, explains why Ohio still needs payday lending reform.
- OPLC & Legal Aid Programs File Amicus Brief in Cashland Payday Lending Case
- On April 2, the statewide legal aid payday litigation working group filed an amicus brief in the 9th District challenging Cashland’s blatant disregard of Ohio’s payday lending reform. We were joined on the brief by COHHIO, the Center for Responsible Lending, and the National Consumer Law Center.
- OPLC Senior Staff Attorney Mike Smalz co-authors two-part series on legislative advocacy for ABA Children's Rights Litigation committee newsletter
- Ohio Kills Its Plan to Collect Welfare Overpayments
Also in this section
- Payday Lender to Repay Sued Consumers
- news article